The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Every Little Girl’s Dream

My husband gave me every little girl’s dream for my birthday this week. He brought me a dog crate. This was Matt’s way of telling me I could have the puppy I want. The kids and I are very excited about getting this puppy. She does not get to leave her mother until around Valentine’s day. So we are now getting the house ready for a puppy.

The puppy is a Yorkie mix. We do not think she will get very big, maybe ten pounds. This will be different for our family as we have always had large dogs. Loki, our dog we have right now, is a Golden Retriever/Husky mix. We are going to have to be very careful so that Loki does not accidentally hurt the new puppy. Loki is very active and loves other dogs, but can be a bit exuberant.

I was not really looking for another dog, but then my friend’s Yorkie had surprise puppies. My friend, J,  used to breed her Yorkie, but has not had her bred since the male died. She said last Spring she took the dog to the Vet because she was acting like she was pregnant again. The Vet said she had a “false” pregnancy. This past December, it seemed to happen again. Well, in reality, her dog really was pregnant. I just laugh at her telling us the story of driving home from visiting family and her seven year old daughter saying, “Mommy, there is a puppy back here.” J turned around to check and sure enough, there was a puppy. So they stopped and put Daisy in her crate where she had three more puppies.

The main reason I decided to ask Matt if we could have one of these puppies is because I know where the dog is coming from. J takes good care of her pets, the puppy is coming from a home where there are two dogs, two cats, and four kids. She will be used to being handled and touched by a variety of ages. Also, while I do not know the father, the mother Yorkie is a very friendly little dog and I liked the idea that I knew at least the temperament of the mother.

So, here is a quick snapshot J sent me today. My Yorkie mix puppy I have named Nutmeg.

imagejpeg_2 - Copy

4 comments:

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

Cute! Good luck :)

Lisa Boyle said...

Precious!

Angie McFarren said...

You are going to have so much fun! That is a wonderful present.

Blessings,
Angie

Jennifer said...

Nutmeg is such a cutie, though when you said every little girl's dream I pictured a doll house. :)