The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Taking a Break

It seems that my life runs at at the speed of light. Most of the time I do not mind, but every now and then I get overwhelmed. I get up early, exercise, get kids up, water the garden, feed the dogs, pick up backyard dog stuff, make sure kids get chores done, plan dinner, get some summer school work in, take kids swimming, cook dinner, play softball among other things.

This week, on Monday, I came home from exercise, took Matt to work, came back home and realized. . . I had nothing scheduled. I organized the kids to clean house and then I took the time to read a book.

I love to read, but I have been so busy I have not had time to think about reading anything other than non-fiction. It seems that non-fiction I can read in snatches and put down with ease, but fiction I like to read all the way through. I am a fast reader and usually can finish a book in a few hours.

It was nice and I realized that I should take that “break” a little more often. It may not be reading I need, but I should take some time to do things I like that does not involve my regular, everyday routine. My list includes reading, sewing and learning to use the digital scrapbooking program I bought. I am going to try hard to make sure I take a little bit of a time-out for myself.

1 comment:

a49erfangirl said...

I seem to forget sometimes to take a break for myself. Seems we are always going going going. It was nice today to sit and visit with friends.