The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Wild Drive

I had a meeting up in Denver this past weekend. Matt took some time off and went with me. We also took my Grandmother and dropped her off to visit relatives. The meeting was for the women’s auxiliary of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, the LWML (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League). It was a great meeting, with good Bible studies and lots of great information. But, the part I want to ponder on is the ride home.

Denver was forecasted to have a blizzard the day we were planning on leaving. So we decided to leave early to out run the storm. One of the ladies attending the meeting was from El Paso. She figured she had a great chance of her flight being cancelled and she would be stuck in Denver (she was right, it was cancelled). So she drove home with us to avoid spending the night in the airport. We also had my grandmother who was visiting relatives while I was at the meeting.

So there we were, Matt driving, myself, A, and my Grandmother. We had the best time during that ride home and all we did was….talk. It is a nine hour drive. We did about 4 1/2 hours of it on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. I think that the way things worked out was ordained by God.

We never ran out of things to talk about. We enjoyed each other’s company. It is amazing to me to think that God can put three women of vastly different ages together and create a bond between them. I was the youngest at 39, then A is in her 50’s and my Grandma is 85. I so enjoyed the ride that the time just flew by.  I am thankful to God for the time spent with those two wonderful, Godly women.

No comments: