The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fun Ice Cream Topping!

Very rarely anymore do I get to have all four kids home for the evening. Matthew did not have to work today, and was able to go to his Fire Department Business meeting and then come home. 

To celebrate the occasion, I made the kids a special dessert. About two days ago I had made Cake Batter ice cream in the little ice cream maker that goes on my Kitchen Aid. We still had some in the freezer, so I decided to make the ice cream even more special by making homemade Magic Shell type of topping.

I used 1 1/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of coconut oil. Put both of these ingredients in a glass bowl and put in the microwave for about one minute. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted, adding more time if needed.

That’s it! Once it is all mixed, pour over your ice cream. The sauce, which is fairly thin, will harden and create a shell over your ice cream scoops. Leftover sauce can be put in the refrigerator. To use again, reheat and stir until runny again. So simple and so delicious.

One note is that Matthew does not like coconut. I was concerned he would not like the sauce because of the coconut oil. After tasting it, he said he could not taste coconut, just chocolate. I am definitely going to have to try this again and even make it for the Youth Group at church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you and what you do with the kids.

Lorus! said...

Ah! Thanks for the inspiration! I wanted a fun summery dessert for tonight. I have vanilla ice cream - but this will make it a little more special!