The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Read Aloud Challenge

     This has been a much better week for reading out loud. Rebekah has been pulling books out that had been packed away during the move. We have read quite a few different picture books because she keeps finding favorites she hasn’t seen in a month. We have also been reading Junie B. Jones is a Party Animal at night.  I have a love/hate relationship with Junie B. I think they are quite hilarious, but then I hate the attitude and actions she has and certainly don’t want my kids emulating. So I read them and we end up discussing what she does wrong. Should Junie B. have said that? What could Junie B. have done different? Should you ever act like Junie B.?

     I am looking forward to this next week. We are not truly starting school this week, but we will be doing a Five in a Row study. We will be reading the book The Rag Coat and doing an activity or two a day for the entire week. Ben and Rebekah are at the upper age for this study, but I love to do them on slower weeks. While I was at the library I also picked up Grandfather’s Journey  and Night of the Moonjellies to  be able to re-read  good books we have already studied.

   Thank you Debra from Footprints in the Butter for hosting the Read Aloud challenge. Visit Debra’s site to read what she has been reading aloud to her children and also visit other blogs. Who knows what good books you may find that you just have to read out loud?

3 comments:

Debra said...

That is the best part of doing this read-aloud challenge with everyone participating! I keep finding new (or rediscovering old!!!) books that I need to put on my to read list.

I have to say that so far, I have never read a Junie B Jones book. My daughter would probably love them. But I'm going to try to continue to avoid them, LOL.

There are a few more boy-oriented series I haven't managed to avoid though... so I totally get that love-hate relationship!

Catherine said...

I still love reading together with the boys. This is a great idea for a challenge.
I'm stopping by from the crew blog hop. Thanks for liking up!
I hope you're settled in now.
-Catherine

brandyb said...

Stopping by from the blog hop! I love reading out loud with my boys and I am always on the look out for more great books!