The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Checkers Fun

One of Rebekah’s favorite presents that she received for her birthday this year was a Princess game set.  It has about eight different games.

image 

I took this picture as she and Ben were playing checkers. Ben was using the blue princess checkers (of course) and Rebekah was using the pink.  They were having so much fun together. It is hilarious to watch them play and try to figure out where to move so they can jump each other or avoid being jumped.  They don’t even realize they are learning strategy. This game set also comes with Bingo cards and a spinner to use as the caller.  The two of them had played it together a couple times when they asked if I wanted to play with them.  This is when I discovered: their homeschooling education had let them down.  They had never played Bingo before and did not know how.  They were simply spinning and putting a marker on the picture the spinner pointed to.  I had a hard time explaining, and then patiently explaining again that they not only had to match the picture, but it had to be under the letter (B I N G or O) the spinner was pointing to as well. With Ben and Rebekah, you never know what is going to happen next.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

My girls have the same game set....I had to teach them BINGO too. Too funny! Sometimes as homeschoolers, we forget the simple things in life LOL

I'm glad she liked (OK Ben too) the game set :)