The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Busy Day

Today was one of the  busiest days I have had in a long time. To begin with, I got up at 6:00am and walked my three miles. I walk three miles on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays as well as 2 1/2 miles on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so this was a normal activity for me.

Then, I came home and cooked soft boiled eggs and toast for my kids for breakfast. I wanted them to have a good breakfast because two of them, Sarah and Ben, were going to go work a window washing fundraiser for the church youth group.

I received a telephone call asking if I would go and help supervise the youth so I ended up going with them on their window washing fundraiser. We spent 2 1/2 hours washing windows at congregation members houses. (This has been a very popular fundraiser, we raise a lot of money with this one.)

Sarah’s Venturing Crew was scheduled to have their highway clean up today. They usually need help, so I went out and walked the mile up the highway and back down the other side picking up trash. I will say that it was a beautiful Fall day here in the desert, 85 degrees, slight breeze, full sun. While I was picking up trash, I saw lizards scurrying about, bees buzzing around bushes that are in bloom, and the mountains that I love so much. I love living where I can look around and see for 70+ miles. So I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the beauty that God has given.

2012-10-08 14.48.59

We have lived in many different places and there is beauty in all of them. Sometimes it can be hard to think of the desert as beautiful, but it is there. I found it today in little purple flowers blooming on the side of the road. Beauty is in the little yellow flowers of the greasewood bush and in the lizards scurrying around when I scare them.

2012-10-08 14.49.17

To finish up my busy day, I came home and made pizza pockets for dinner. I have been trying to perfect this recipe and today it worked out pretty well. Instead of just mozzarella cheese inside, I made up cheese like I would put in lasagna, adding some pepperoni to it. Then I rolled out my pizza crust in small circles, spread some sauce on the circle, put a large spoonful of the cheese and pepperoni mixture and folded the crust over and sealed it. Then I placed them on a pan and baked them. My kids thought they were very tasty and I was able to make enough for dinner and enough to put in the freezer for lunch another day.  

Needless to say, I am very tired tonight. I am planning on going to bed and hopefully will sleep all night waking up at 6:00am tomorrow, ready to walk and begin another busy day.

1 comment:

Cathlene said...

sounds like a wonderful day..God bless!