The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ebelskiver Fun

     Want to know what the new favorite breakfast is around the Clark house?

Ebelskiver!

090

     Don’t know what Ebelskiver are? Well, neither did my kids until my sister revived an old childhood memory on Christmas and gave me an Ebelskiver pan.  My family on my mother’s side is of Danish heritage. Ebelskiver is a Danish breakfast food. They are basically pancake balls. Sometimes filled, sometimes not.  My kids love this breakfast.  I love that it not only is a fun way to celebrate our heritage, it is also very easy.

image

     The only way to make Aebleskiver is with the special pan. This pan has half spherical indentations into which you place the pancake batter. When bubbles start to form and break on the top of the batter, you then have the fun of turning them. I use two skewers and simply “flip” the balls over.  If you want, you can place applesauce, jam, chocolate chips anything you can think of, in the center of the batter before you flip them.  We eat them with butter and either syrup or jam.  My kids and husband give them a hearty two thumbs up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look really good. I'm hungry now. I think I've seen pans like that. I think I may need to figure out a way to make them!
I am from the TOS Crew and am now following you. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Please follow me and thank you if you already are! Have a wonderful week.
www.indoorgardenmusings.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

This look interesting! I wonder if an egg poaching pan would work. I don't have one of those either, just wondering hehe

Merit Kirkpatrick said...

I really need one of these :) Those look like fun to make! Your blog colors are beautiful BTW!