The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

When I grow .up…

We are a family of volunteer firefighters. My husband has been one for 20 years, my oldest son, Matthew, is one, I am on the auxiliary. Volunteer firefighting is just what we do, it is a major part of our family.

This fact hit home tonight when Ben and I were driving to choir practice. Ben announced., “When I grow up, I want to be a firefighter.” This is a pretty normal comment for an 11 year old boy, but the next part is what makes this so funny to me. In the next breath, after the firefighter announcement, Ben says, “Yeah, I want to be a firefighter, then for my real job, I think I want to be a police detective.

“My real job” I thought this was so funny and am going to have to remember it the next time Matt is out on a call, that this is just his fun job. His real job is not nearly that exciting.                                                                                                                                                                                        

No comments: