The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How Does My Garden Grow?

We are trying something new this year. A garden. Moving around, living in base housing or rentals is not conducive to having a garden. But now that Matt is retired and we are settled, we can have a garden.

I have decided the way I want to garden is by following a book called Square Foot Gardening. This involves building a square box and filling it with soil. Then section it off into squares and plant. The idea is that you do not need a lot of space to grow plants as well as little to no weeding.

So the first step would be to build the square container. Matt has been extremely busy at work, so he has not had the time to sit and figure out how to make it. But one day, I was telling Pastor what I wanted for my garden. Then he took Ben to buy supplies and the two of them built my garden box. It is perfect.

20130402-112733

I have planted zucchini, yellow squash, radishes, onions, cilantro, and mint.  I am excited to see when and if the seeds come up. Rebekah helped  me plant the seeds and write the names of the seed on the sides of the garden.

20130412-115511

So far, it has been four days since we have planted seeds. Nothing has come up yet, but I am checking . It is going to be exciting when something comes up.  I am sure Rebekah and I will have a blast looking over the results together.

No comments: