The crazy life of the ClarkClan. Living a life of grace through Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Rhubarb

We received a nice surprise today: Fresh Rhubarb. Where we live in New Mexico, rhubarb does not grow well. It is too hot. But up in the mountains 20 minutes away, it is cool enough that they can grow rhubarb. And a lady from church brings bags of it when she comes and gives them away. I was the recipient of two bags this week..

I asked Matt what he thought I should make with it he promptly said, “Deep dish rhubarb pie. So, sometime tomorrow or Saturday, I will be making a rhubarb pie. I am planning on using the Spelt flour I bought to make muffins. I will also make rhubarb sauce, too. Rhubarb sauce is so easy to make and the kids love it. They use it as  ice cream toppings, as jelly on sandwiches and just to eat a bowl of it.

No comments: